Please use the following resources for information on mental health services and/or to help locate a therapist near you:
- Visit your Primary Care Physician (PCP) – Your primary physician or pediatrician isan excellent resource for making recommendations and referrals to a mental healthspecialist or therapist in your area.
- Contact your Insurance Provider – Contact your insurance company for a list ofmental health care providers included in your insurance plan.
- Visit a Psychiatry department at local teaching hospital or medical school.
- Visit the following websites for more information:
Or, visit the following National Grassroots Support Organizations for more information:
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI): Speak with NAMI members (people living with mental illness and/or their family members) to exchange information about mental health professionals in your community. Go to www.nami.org for more information.
- Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance
- Anxiety Disorders of America Association
- Mental Health America
If you are feeling suicidal, please contact:
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- HopeLine Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Psychiatric hospital walk-in clinic
- Hospital emergency room
- Urgent care center/clinic
- Call 911